Sunday, March 9, 2014

Síle taking over

Hello everybody. This will be shortish. Well I will try....

My first " order of business" is to thank you all for your incredible show of love and support. You have no idea how much it helped to open my eyes in the hospital and see all those wonderful cards and to think of you all. You have really helped sustain me and uplift me with your many cards, emails, texts, gifts, comments and on and on. And you continue to do so. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And to THE Blogging Team. I know how much you all appreciated them. What you don't know is that they would leave the hospital late totally knackered from the Sile minding. And even though I would say in my admittedly at times rare moments of lucidity that they didn't have to update the blog, you know what the response was.

We have moved into our house and Jim has worked tirelessly to make it feel like home. Many basics were missing. No drinking glasses. No oven. only 1 cooking pot. Etc. You get the idea. But now it is feeling very cosy indeed. 

I get stronger every day but it is slow. My blood counts are beautiful according to Dr Nakamura. For those of you who were so involved in the weekly platelet counts over the last 2 years, my platelets have been hovering around 93k. In other words I am swimming in platlelets. Thank you Frank!

My sister in law, Hazel,( Liam's wife), arrives from Ireland in about an hour. She  will be here for 10 days taking over the Sile minding duties. I will try to make it easy for her!

Finally. Here is Úna in pics taken today.( note ainate's cute nails)




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Sile! Wonderful to hear your voice--so to speak--again.

    ReplyDelete