Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hazel's first blog attempt!

Hello everyone,

Here I am in sunny California living in a most beautiful old area called "Old Monrovia"  Many of the houses are wooden with shingles and beautifully maintained.  Our house is very large - had previously been an old folks care home!  With a beautiful wide wooden stair case.  The gardens remind me totally of Chris and Anne's in Spain with lots of succulents and trees with beautiful blossom.
managed to drive Sile to the hospital for her appointments today.  Her blood counts are still good and she has finished her mycrofungin today and therefore was able to have the "line" removed from her arm.  Another step forward.  Now she only has routine appointments on Tuesdays and Fridays which makes her days and mine more flexible. 
I had a Baskin Robin yesterday and today I had a chat with the Girl Scouts selling their cookies outside the supermarket. Have talked to Judy so will meet up on Saturday.  I am a bit slow to drive on the Freeway so hopefully when she is here we will travel a bit further afield.  Sile is in good form managing to do some of the cooking  and generally look after hersellf.  She does a 20 minute walk round the block each evening with no difficulty even on the uphill bit.
As I sit here ther are loud baby noises coming from my left- Sile on her phone looking at messages from Úna.
That's about my news from today.  Try some more tomorrow.

Hazel

1 comment: