Wednesday, March 26, 2014

April 18th?

Not another photo Úna says.


On Tuesday Dr Nakamura whipped out a calendar and said that we should start planning my return home. Woo hoo. He jabbed his finger on April 18th and said that after I see him that day if all continues to go well, I could go home. As it turns out, Friday April 18th is Day 80 ( 80 days post transplant)). I still have a hard time believing my robust blood counts--- in particular the platelet count. For the past few weeks they have been hovering around the 100k mark which as most of you know, is amazing for me.

Joanna and Steve Davenport are here this week taking excellent care of me. As I write this, Steve is cooking up some delicious smelling hamburgers while Joanna is setting the table. I tell you in many ways this is the life of Riley --- whoever he is.

This morning Joanna, Steve and I took ourselves off to Santa Anita race track. Not to put money on the horses mind you but to watch them being exercised and to sit on the deck drinking coffee. (Our friend Judy from Indianapolis had told us about this). The setting of the track is magical with the mountains in the background. All manner of horses were strolling, trotting, and cantering. Really fun to watch. The only negative was that believe it or not it was a bit nippy . You can see in the pic that my scarf was put to good use.

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous news, Sile--mazel tov!

    Mary Felice is headed down here next week to do the SF half-marathon. We will be thinking of you and marveling at this wonderful outcome.

    Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete