Friday, March 21, 2014

100%/Day 50

A red letter day here today. Frank's bone marrow has engrafted totally on all three lines. In other words Frank's stem cells have done their job beautifully. Thank you donor Convery.  Dr Nakamura delighted as is Cechhi. I am thrilled too and I am surprised you didn't hear the family cheers when they got the news. As Ralph says" the misery was worth it"!

And today is day + 50. Half way to the 100 days.   ( 100 days is the period when I am most vulnerable to infection and that's why I am staying near the hospital )

Eoin and Sara are taking excellent care of me. They cooked up a delicious macaroni and cheese tonight. Yum!  And now we are about to watch "Frozen"

Úna with her early morning smiles

Frank and Jim wine tasting in January. All I will say is that it was good Eoin was the designated driver!


No comments:

Post a Comment