Friday, March 14, 2014

Another Day in Monrovia ( + 43)

Hazel here.  I have just had a lesson from Sile on "how to use an iPad" and now I am practising.  This is my second attempt.  I seemed to manage to wipe out the first effort.  It all went blue and then disappeared!!  I think we missed out on a blog yesterday.  In fact it was a good day with no hospital visit.  I headed to the hills and had a 2 hour walk to the Monrovia Canyon Park.  It took me into a little bit of the San Gabriel mountains which are very picturesque beside us here.  We also managed to navigate to the laundromat without too many excitements.  Today was hospital visit again with great news - the blood counts are continuing to improve.  Hurrah.  And another big hurrah. NO cancer cells were detected in Sile's latest pathology report. In other word NO MDS cells and no blasts. Great news indeed. Dr Nakamura made an interesting observation.  It will be easy to recognize Frank's DNA as he has Y chromosomes!  Sile was pleased to show him her arm with no bruises.  The first time for nearly 2 years she reckons. My friend Judy from Indianapolis days arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to that.   I will be happy for her to take on some driving! We might venture further afield like on a Freeway.  Sile is suggesting to me that I should buy an iPad.  At least $100 cheaper here.  There is an Apple store in Pasadena which is pretty close on the freeway. Thought I had lost my blog again so I am going to stop now! 
Till tomorrow or later today. Hazel

Mornings can be nippy so long sleeves needed. Hazel in front of house


No comments:

Post a Comment