Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18th. Departure imminent

As I left the supermarket today I was once again amazed at the beautiful panorama of mountains straight ahead.  In the early evening all the features are more pronounced which is glorious.  How I'm going to miss all of this.  The weather is perfect.  Cool in the morning and evening and balmy during the day - perfect.  Judy left his morning to go to the track and meet some of the horse trainers that she knows.  Unfortunately since then she has been hanging around in airports with delayed flights but seems to be on her way to Indpls now.  We all hit it off really well and the house seems quiet without her.  My project for my time here was finished today.  See attached photo!  There is some doubt as to whether it is a cow or a donkey!!  Sile continues to improve a little bit each day.  Walking a little quicker and a little further and helping with the food preparation.  She is also the ipad tutor which has improved Judy and my skills immensely. I must sign off now.  I will really miss being here - the companionship with SIle, the beautiful scenery, the beautiful weather and the so so friendly people in the neighborhood.  Dublin see you soon!  I'll leave Sile to add a few lines not to mention photos.

Sile here. Will miss my minder Hazel! But....She won't miss earthquakes! She was rousted out of her bed at 6:30 am by a 4.4. Nor will she miss the endless hand washing. Or washing every food item that comes in the door. We are waiting for Eoin who is next up as minder in chief. He will have help in the form of Sara Murphy and Sarah Fairchild. Am I really that hard to take care of? ! Xxo

PS Dr Nakamura did not have the results yet of how much of donor Convery's marrow has taken over. Hopefully results will be in by Friday.



The cow!

1 comment: