Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day +17: I'm baaaaack!




The favorite son (as my mom likes to call me) is back!  I arrived in Burbank last night, and am getting settled in for the week.  I'm bringing Ralph to the airport in the morning - he did a most excellent job here and has been showing me the ropes .  It's only been two weeks, but things have changed since I was last here.




Hair?  Gone (I think she wanted to feel closer to Donor Frank and me).  Platelets?  Onward and upward (132k today).  Room decorations?  Overflowing!  The cards and posters have easily doubled since I was last here.  (pardon the panorama camera glitch on the left - there is a door out of the room, I promise).


As for day to day well being, it's a mixed bag.  When we arrived this morning, she was really not feeling well, physically and emotionally.  I think it was a combination of being confused and groggy from waking up, being due her pain meds, and remembering the enormity of the situation she's in.  "This is really hard" she said to me - and ain't that the truth.  The rest of the day has been spent dozing with intermittent periods of sitting up and chatting, and checking her phone.  She also took a short walk down the hall and ate half a popsicle, which we can hopefully build on in the coming days.  Improvement really is measured in baby steps here.

No comments:

Post a Comment