Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day +24: Lots of progress

Well I blew it!  Dropped the ball.  Let down the team.  Et cetera.  I missed a day of Sile's blog and I expect to hear from legion of you who have sent her cards and emails and who read the blog every day.  I realize that this dead air could be interpreted in a couple of ways and, in case some of you have begun to worry, I apologize.  There is no reason for worry.  Quite the contrary.

Sile is making slow, steady improvement.  She is ambulating (doctor talk for walking around), eating small amounts and seems to have the pain, nausea, and GI distress on the run (unfortunate phrase but I'm going to leave it in anyway.)  Best guess for discharge date is next Wednesday.  She is reading and watching tv, activities that were impossible even a week ago.  And, of course, the highlight of the day is when the mail comes in.  The cards and letters all you folks have sent have raised her spirits every single day.  Thanks again!     

No comments:

Post a Comment