Wednesday, April 2, 2014

129 k!

Síle here. Sorry it's taken a few days to update the blog. Have been busy Úna gazing!  

My visit to Dr Nakamura yesterday brought the information that my platelets are a whopping 29k!!
Compare this with the fact that in the last 2 years if they were in double digits like 10k, we were thrilled. Pretty soon I'll be donating platelets. Despite the high platelet count, I am still bruising fairly easily letting me know that my whole new system is still in its teenage years. Also Frank reminded me his platelet count was 129k when he arrived at City of Hope. Dr Nakamura tells me that that doesn't mean that I have hit a plateau . In other words despite donor Convery having 129k doesn't mean that mine won't go higher. We shall see. ( Still on track to come home the w/e of April 18)

Nora, Úna, Ainate and Sarah Fairchild ( NYC) are here this week. Úna is now 5 months old and fulll of smiles and gurgles. She is busy busy busy constantly shaking her rattle, reaching for whatever is in her field of vision, playing with her pacifier etc. She is now sitting up and is thrilled with herself. She adores sitting on the couch with the grown ups!

Amy Premtiss arrives tomorrow and sister Maire from Zambia on Sunday. As most of the family will be away when she arrives, David and Liz will pick her ( Máire) up at SFO and Susan Garfin will fly down here with her. Eoin has been the one in charge of organizing all the minders and the tooing and fringe. What an organizational feat he has pulled off.  Until a few days ago I had no idea who was coming and when. Great job Eoin. Even writing this the foregoing has my brain reeling! 

Thank you  as always to my minders and to those of you cheering from afar. I appreciate you all.xxo

And now for your Úna fix......! ( lots of you emailed telling me you were suffering from Úna gazing withdrawal )

Úna demonstrating her new skill and sporting her sun hat, a gift from cousin Karen



With auntie Sarah who is preparing to go on a power walk!

Outside with Nora, both of whom are bundled up.




No comments:

Post a Comment