Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Count down has begun


I saw Dr Nakamura this morning and we are still a go for returning home the weekend of April 18. This despite a few minor problems like red swollen ankles and red red cheeks. Neither he thinks are symptoms of the dreaded HVG ( host versus graft disease). I feel fine and try to walk a little more each day.

Amy Premtiss was here over the weekend and I was well enough that we actuallyl played while she was here. The Norton Simon Museum. Fabulous. My bald head and mask didn't  elicit many stares I am happy to report. The amazing rose garden and sculpture gardens at the City of Hope. How could you not love an institution which is not only superb medically but also devotes money and resources to beauty and the arts. I mean really....The Santa Anita race track. Especially fun because it was a race weekend.

My sister Maire has arrived and is remarkably fresh after her unbearable long journey. Lusaka to Amsterdam -- 19 hours. Amsterdam to NYC --- 12 hours. NYC to SF --- 6 hours. I promise I will never again complain when going to NYC ! Maire was accompanied from Oakland to Monrovia by Susan Garfin. Susan only stayed one night--- quite literally a flying visit --- but we managed to get a lot of chatting in nonetheless!

Bon voyage to donor Convery and sister in law Janet who are taking a trip to New Zealand to visit their son, Niall, who was featured on this blog last August when he was visiting me!  Xxo

Amy and Sile at the race track. A fashion photographer took our photo! Really.


Úna. Very confident in her sitting poses!




This is Double Delight. And it smells fabulous. I know this rose because Amy and Nick used to bring them in to our teachers' room at the ELP














No comments:

Post a Comment