Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 174 and 140 k platelets

The countdown has started in earnest as I am on day 74. Hard to believe that it has been 74 days since the transplant on January 29th. And my platelets were 147k yesterday. 150k is the low end of normal so this is truly amazing!

Tomorrow I will spend a number of hours at the City of Hope to get an infusion of IVIG. Apparently my gamma globulin is low. It used to be that infusions were a part of my life but that seems like an age ago. I think Dr Nakamura wants to send me back to Berkeley in as good a shape as he can. I got a wonderful card from the nurses and staff at Dr Cecchi's office making me excited to see them all again. I will of course miss Dr Nakamura and his gang but as they point out I will still be seeing them regularly(
( every 4 to 6 weeks for an unspecified length of time.)

I will be staying at Jim and Ralph's when I return on April18. I can't wait to see you all! Xxo

A funny looking sheep I knit for Úna 


This a Lino print that Joanna Davenport worked on while she was here


Yesteday Nóra, Ainatė, and Úna were filmed for an Allstate commercial. And shockingly the film crew loved our Úna !













No comments:

Post a Comment