Saturday, November 9, 2013

Síle's transplant/ Úna's first few days

It looks as if my transplant at City of Hope could be sooner than originally planned ( as in a few weeks from now). Dr Nakamura and his team are working really hard to make this happen. Although I feel fine, all of my blood counts--- red, white and platelets--- have been slipping and there is some concern that I might have an "event". Don't you love medical terminology!  Of course we will keep everyone posted. This might be a good time to " subscribe" to the blog since when I hie my way to Southern California, this will become the main communication tool.

The world's most wonderful grandchild is doing really well. And her parents are too. Úna  likes to eat every 2 hours which makes for some sleep deprivation. She is proving herself to be very athletic doing very vigorous bicycle kicks when she is not sleeping. Her favorite pose is to be snuggled on someone's chest as you can tell from the pictures

Thank you to the many of you who have signed up to bring Nóra and Ainaté  food. You are a god send. ( I have set up an account on Meal Baby for them so if you would like to be added, let me know)



Una and Eoin

Una and Jim
Una and Ainate



Una and Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment