Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful.


On thanksgiving day last year my body was definitely starting to give out. And I was kind of counting the days to the transplant.

Fast forward to today. I feel great. Sure I have a few bad gashes on my legs ( healing). I get tired easily. I often can't sleep well ( damn steroids). But I am so grateful to feel healthy, normal, and full of optimism and brio. For this I am thankful for terrific medical care, a perfectly matched donor, and an amazingly wonderful family and group of friends. 

It isn't as if in the past I was churlish and ungrateful. At least I don't think I was. But there is nothing like facing death to make you feel really truly grateful. Amazingly there was only one time that I thought I wasn't going to make it. I was lying in my bed at City of Hope drifiting in and out of consciousness and  thought " I wonder of I am going to pull through". Immediately another voice popped in and said  "Don't be ridiculous. You have worked way too hard to give up now"! 

So a huge thank you to you all for the care, love and concern you have shown me in the past three years. I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and feel truly blessed to have you in my life. Xxo


Úna in playground wearing her Aran geansy from Auntie Janet
Nora and Úna early in the morning
Eoin w/ Úna on her first birthday
At Jutta and Greg's wedding



1 comment:

  1. Life becomes incredibly beautiful when you've almost had it taken from you. Bouncing back and having the ability to return from a serious illness is such an incredible gift.Sharing with you Sile in the Sisterhood of Returning Warriors. We are here to enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete