Monday, September 22, 2014

Today is my birthday birthday....

And I feel very lucky to be here. Not only to be alive but also to feel so good. My friend Jane C commented that I was looking hardy which she said was a compliment. And.... I certainly took it as one! Dr Cecchi keeps saying " You are doing great" and who am I to argue with the man himself. I return to the City of Hope at the end of October. In the meantime Dr Nakamura and I keep in touch via phone and email. He has stopped on of my anti rejection drugs and I am doing fine. Alas I  am still on the "damn steroids"  albeit a small daily dose

I am currently building a web site for my English Language tutoring business, English Over Easy, and it feels very exhilarating to be exercising my brain in such a fashion. Thanks to the brilliant Nancy F of Wordworking for the great name. She also suggested Grammar Grandma which I also love. Will let you all know when I launch the site. Jim has been helping and it is fun to work on it together. 

Today I am speniding time with family, friends and the new dog, Gershwin! He is a poodle terrier mix, and is a wonderful mix of goofiness and calmness. ( 2 years old). He was dumped at the Sacramento shelter, picked up by NorCal poodle rescue and adopted from them by me. He is great fun.

On Thursday Nóra and I will go to SF to see her stylist, Jessica Rose, who is gong to color my hair -- current thinking is pink but will let you know. Thank you Nora for this birthday treat.

And in Úna news. She is starting to take steps. Yes. Steps. A few at a time but pretty soon she will be marching hither and yon.

As always I am so aware that I am alive and healthy because of all of you. And honestly a day does not go by that I don't think of you and thank you. 

Úna with her new best friend!


The images below are now framed and in my hallway. I smile every time I pass by.


Meant to take another photo of him last week but I forgot. The famous Dr Cecchi withLiz M

With dr. Nakamura. And I now have hair. Curly hair!





4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful post. You are loved by so many and we are all glad you are here with us, especially your beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Sìle, much love and smiles on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers! Glad to see you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete