Wednesday, July 2, 2014

5 months post transplant


June 29th marked the 5 month post transplant point. Dr Cecchi cheerfully remarked that I didn't have to worry about dying anymore! ( I hadn't realised it was something I needed to worry about after I got out of the hospital.) He went on to say that my counts are great and liver function very normal and that he is very happy. And....  I feel normal--- a condition I now realise I have not felt for 2.5 + years. Normal is planning a dinner at a restaurant for my qi gong class. Normal is enjoying long briskish walks. Normal is having a spring to my step and most definitely thinking of the future. Normal is.... Well you get the idea. When Carol R saw me 2 weeks ago, she looked at me quizzically and remarked: " I don't know what is different but I feel as if the real Síle is back".

But I still have intestinal GVH ( graft vs host) which is proving difficult to lick. I am still on damn steroids and have to be careful of what I eat. However, mostly I feel fine and in comparison to what I have had to deal with this is pretty inconsequential. 

In other news. Úna, Nóra and Ainaté are in Ireland basking in the attention of doting cousins, aunts and uncles. They all survived the long flight with only one Úna  meltdown. Eoin was in Provincetown for Colin and Steve's wedding. He is now in NYC visiting the Saras and looking forward to the premiere of Sara Murphy's movie, Land Ho, which opens in the Bay Area on July 11. I move back to Emeryville at the beginning of August. Sister in law, Janet had her 3rd chemo yesterday and got her PHD last Friday!  Doesn't she look great?


Síle and work: Since Dr Nakamura does not want me back in the classroom for at least a year, if at all, I am going to start doing some private tutoring. If you know of anyone who could use me help,  send them my way. Another sign I am feeling normal!

And for those of you who have been feeling Úna deprived.....

Enjoying her cousin Joe

The radiator in Liam and Hazel's is a perfect Úna height 

In Forestville which definitely has dress weather



Colin, Eoin, Steve post wedding. Their caption was " Awkward family portrait"!


Whose hair is growing faster?!





No comments:

Post a Comment